Updated: Jan 18
These quesadillas are so cheesy that no one will guess that they're vegan!
They're slightly crunchy on the outside but beautifully cheesy and flavorsome on the inside.
This has a great chance to become your new favorite lunch snack!
RECIPE 2 QUESADILLAS:
-1/2 cup/65g cashews
-1 1/3 cup/330ml water
-2 TBSP nutritional yeast
-1 TBSP lemon juice
-3 TBSP/25g tapioca starch
-1/2 TSP salt
-4 wheat tortillas
-1 bell pepper
-1/2 cup/100g kidney beans + chickpeas
1.First boil the cashews for 15 minutes and fill them with the other cheese ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend for 1-2 minutes and for the liquid in a sauce pan.
3. Bring it to a simmer and stir until it's stretchy.
4. Heat up a frying pan, place one tortilla on the bottom and spread some cheeze on top. Then sprinkle the beans and the bell pepper over and cover it with another tortilla.
5. Grill each side for a couple minutes until golden brown.
6. Serve with vegan sour cream and enjoy!
Try them yourself and tag me with #fitgreenrecipes on Instagram💚