Whats better than a vanilla cake?
Right, a chocolate covered vanilla cake!
And these are beyond delicious, theres's a soft and fluffy cake layered up with the sweet vanilla cream and all covered with chocolate!
RECIPE 4 CHOCOLATE COVERED VANILLA CAKES
-1/2 cup/80g flour
-1 TSP baking powder
-a pinch of salt
-1/2 cup/125ml plant milk
-2 TBSP peanut butter
-1/8 cup/35g maple syrup
-1 TSP vanilla extract
-1/4 cup/50g coconut cream (refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight and scoop out the hard part)
-1/2 TBSP maple syrup
-1/2 TSP vanilla extract
-100g melted vegan chocolate
1. First preheat the oven to 200 Celsius/400 Fahrenheit, whisk up all the vanilla cream ingredients and refrigerate whilst preparing the cake.
2. Fill the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
3. Grease a baking dish and fill in the batter.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, let cool down completely and press the cake with your hands until it's a bit flatter.
5. Then quarter the cake and cut each quarter in 3 equal sized stripes.
6. Layer these stripes up with 1 TSP vanilla cream per layer and freeze them for 1 hour.
7. Melt the chocolate, coat the cakes with it and refrigerate until set.
Try them yourself and tag me with #fitgreenrecipes 💚