Updated: 4 days ago
You crave something like KFC but don't wanna hurt animals, support climate change and damage your health?
If yes, gotcha!
These tofu nuggets are full of flavor, super crispy and even pretty healthy.
Also if you worry about getting in enough protein as a vegan, tofu or other legumes/legume products are really high in protein such as those nuggets, so don't worry.
And now let's get cooking!
CRISPY TOFU NUGGETS RECIPE:
-1 TSP salt
-1/2 TBSP paprika
-1 TBSP nutritional yeast
-A pinch of pepper
-120ml soy milk
-1 TSP teriyaki sauce
-400g extra firm tofu
-1 cup crushed cornflakes
1. Preheat the oven to 200/400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix up the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl stir together the wet ingredients.
4. Cut the tofu into a shape you prefer (I cut it into tenders).
5. Roll the tofu first in the dry mixture then move on to the soy milk mixture and lastly cover it with the crushed cornflakes.
6. Place them on a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes (flip halfway) until golden-brown.
Try them yourself and post it with #fitgreenrecipes so I find them more easily.💚