Updated: 6 days ago
Or rather vegan cheese ;-)
This is the ultimate non-vegan comfort food but veganised, trust me it tastes creamy, melty, cheesy, comforting but not 'vegan'.
The fluffy and soft buns topped with a flavorsome, crunchy topping dipped in melty, savory cheeze is great as a comforting dinner or also really fun to enjoy with your friends in the evening!
RECIPE OVEN BAKED CHEEZE:
-1 cup/230ml water
-3 1/3 cups/500g whole wheat flour
-1 TSP salt
-1 TBSP dry active yeast
-2 TBSP sesame seeds
-1 TBSP dried basil
-1 TBSP dried oregano
-a pinch of salt and pepper
-2 TBSP+3/8 cup/100ml water
-1/2 cup/50g cashews
-1 Tsp mustard
-1/2 TSP salt
-1 3/8 cups/350ml water
-1/2 cup/110ml melted coconut oil
-4 TBSP tapioca starch
-5 TBSP nutritional yeast
1.Give the lukewarm water in a mixing bowl, add the yeast and stir.
Add the remaining dough ingredients and knead for a few minutes. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime mix up the topping and give 1-2 TBSP olive oil in a little bowl.
3. Cut the dough in 12 equal sized pieces, roll them into little balls, dip them in the olive oil and then in the topping.
4. Place them in a greased, round baking tray (keep in my that you'll fill the fill cheeze in the center) and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven 180 Celsius/360 Fahrenheit and mix up the psyllium husk seeds with the water.
6. Give the mix with the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Pour the cheeze in a sauce pan and let it bubble for 1-2 minutes until stretchy and fill it in the center of the baking tray.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
Try it yourself and tag me with #fitgreenrecipes 💚