These are better than the original!
Trust me, this creamy vanilla ice cream layer with the gooey caramel and the crunchy peanuts all covered in chocolate is just pure bliss!
And on top of that it's even healthy, that means you can basically eat the whole tray without feeling bad about it. 😉
RECIPE 7 BARS
-coconut cream of 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
-1/3 cup/55g pitted dates
-2/3 cup/95g cashews
-4 TBSP vegan yogurt
-1 TBSP peanut butter
-1 TSP vanilla extract
-5 TBSP peanut butter
-1/4 cup/75g maple syrup
-a pinch of salt
-1 TBSP plant milk
-1/3 cup/60g peanuts
-200g melted vegan chocolate
1. Boil the cashews for 15 minutes and let the dates soak in hot water for 15 minutes.
2. Put them and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and fill the ice cream mixture in it.
4. Freeze for 2 hours whilst whisking up the caramel.
5. Spread the caramel on the ice cream layer, add the peanuts and freeze for another 6 hours.
6. Carefully melt the chocolate on low heat, cut the frozen ice cream into 7 bars and coat them with the melted chocolate.
7. Freeze until set and enjoy!
Try it yourself and tag me with #fitgreenrecipes on Instagram 💚