Updated: Jan 15
These vegan hot dogs are better than all 'meat' hot dogs you've ever eaten!
They're slightly crispy on the outside but nice tender on the inside and they've got an unbelievable delicious, smokey and spicy flavor.
So perfect for the upcoming BBQ season, right?
RECIPE 7 HOT DOGS:
-2 TBSP tomato paste
-3/4 cup + 1 TBSP/200ml water
-1 TSP dried oregano
-1 TSP smoked paprika
-1 TSP salt
-pepper to taste
-2 TBSP/40ml rapeseed oil
-1 cup/140g vital wheat gluten
-7 hot dog buns (recipe in my story highlight 'quick recipes'
-toppings of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 150 Celsius/300 Fahrenheit and give all the sausage ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend for 1-2 minutes and pour the liquid in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the vital wheat gluten and stir until well combined.
4. Spread about 75g of the dough on aluminium foil and roll until it's wrapped 2-3 times.
5. Spin in the ends and place the sausages on a baking tray.
6. Bake for 45 minutes and let them cool down.
7. Heat up some oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages until nice crispy.
8. Serve the sausages in a hot dog buns with your favorite toppings, enjoy!
Try them yourself and tag me with #fitgreenrecipes on Instagram 💚